Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Last Year

DH and I were married in November, 2009.  We are quickly approaching our 1yr anniversary and while I am super excited; I have found that starting our family has come with a few challenges.  I first began seeing our RE the month before we got married.  I have had irregular periods my entire life, so I suspected our journey may be more difficult than just a romp in the sack.  Indeed it has been.  I was started on Metformin 1500mg daily from the first appt on when I was officially diagnosed with PCOS.  I am a nurse for pete sake, woman get pregnant all the time with PCOS so I was extremely optimistic about our chances.  DH had a SA which was "normal" in addition to all my lab work which was also "normal".  So Jan and Feb 2010 I took Clomid 100mg and 150mg,with no avail.   What is wrong with my body why am I not responding to this miracle drug that so many woman have great success with?  In Feb 2010 I had a HSG that showed my tubes were wide open.   So we continue to try on our own but not once did I ovulate to this day since Oct. and so that brings you up to speed with our journey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment